We are currently hiring for both a Social Media Intern and a Bridal Stylist. Please see below for details!
Job Title: Social Media Intern
Company: Ella & Oak
Pay: Unpaid for now, can offer college credit if needed
Want to learn about what it's like to run and start a new company? Have a passion for fashion, weddings or social media? Want to add something amazing to your resume while only working a few hours a week? Then this might be for you!
We are looking for a Social Media intern for Ella & Oak, an online plus-size wedding boutique, where our brides shop online, pick what they love and we send samples so that they can try-on in the comfort of their own home. We are looking for a fashion forward, social media savvy individual for a few hours a week who can help us build out our followers, brand presence and content on our blog, pinterest, facebook and instagram.
If this is you, please drop us a line:
- You want to learn more about starting a new company and thrive in a fast paced environment
- Have a love for scrolling, pinning and posting across all social media outlets
- Have an interest in weddings or plus size fashion
- Would be excited to, and have experience, creating and posting daily/weekly content on instagram, pinterest, and facebook on behalf of a business
- Have experience creating blog content
- Love learning about the next best thing(s) in social and want to help us continuously improve our approach to stay on trend
- Share a passion for our mission - to help every bride feel beautiful and confident on her special day. This mission drives our work and it is an important part of the Ella & Oak culture!
- Want to work with a fun and hard working team, we are small but we are mighty - please do not inquire if you are not willing to put the work in and laugh off the small things
- Encourage new ideas, projects, dialogue and collaboration
- Are able to work 5-8 hours a week, unpaid, but are interested in growing with a small company into a part-time or full-time role in the future
Please send a quick note with why you might be right for this role, a copy of your resume and any relevant social handles to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Title: Bridal Stylist
Location: part Remote/part In-Person for Popups across the country
Previous retail/sales experience required
Estimating 55-65 hours per month
Ella & Oak, the go-to online marketplace for plus-size bridal, is looking to add to its small, yet mighty team! We specialize in selling quality, designer wedding gowns handcrafted for the perfect fit for women size 12+, all with a fun, modern way of shopping. In addition to offering at-home try-ons, E&O is adding VIP Pop-Up appointments across the country, and we are looking for YOU to help run them. Your main objective will be to help us convert brides from a try-on to a happy bride walking down the aisle in and Ella & Oak gown, all while giving her the best shopping experience we can!
Bridal stylists work directly with brides beginning with finding the perfect gown all the way up to the wedding day! Stylists are responsible for ensuring that the Ella & Oak experience is simply amazing, whether she tries on at-home or in-person. Top priorities are helping style the bride’s wedding day look and beyond, managing communication with the bride, creating an atmosphere that is fun, uplifting & delightful.
- Assisting brides requesting a try-on at-home, qualifying that she is within the proper time frame to purchase, confirming her selection of gowns and accessories to have sent out, managing timing for shipments, communicating via phone/text/facetime during try-on, follow up with all try-ons.
- Conducting pop-ups across the country with responsibilities including; help promoting the pop-up in local areas, forums, etc..., assisting in venue research, booking bride appointments, communicating with brides that sign up for pop-up, hosting the bride and her tribe for her 1 hour appointment, tracking all gowns during pop-up, packing and unpacking Pop-Up trunk.
- Creating an inclusive experience tailored to the individual, and building an authentic connection with our brides - in person or online!
- Taking bride final orders, confirming timing and measurements, and relaying time/milestones back to the bride throughout the period between order and when the final dress is shipped out.
- Helping create social media content and general customer assistance where needed.
The right candidate will have previous retail/sales experience and will genuinely love working with customers. We’re looking for a candidate who wants to be part of a growing business/new startup and who will commit to staying with our company for a long time. We are looking for someone that feels passionate about size inclusivity and cares about promoting a community for plus-size women, not just across bridal.
Interested? Email Christine@ellaandoak.com. Please include why you might be right for this role, a copy of your resume and any other relevant information. Looking forward to meeting you!